In many households, Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving without a pre-feast turkey trot. There’s something uniquely satisfying about kicking off the holiday season with a good sweat, alongside family members and friends.
This year, needless to say, will be different. With running events off the table, large gatherings and travel discouraged, and a pandemic to respect, turkey trots as we know them won’t be part of the Thanksgiving agenda like usual.
But that doesn’t mean we have to scratch the trot entirely. Here's a list of trots still on the table...
The Turkey Trot LA will still be trotting virtually and raising money for The Midnight Mission. You can run a 5k or 10k between Nov. 26 – 29
How does the Virtual Turkey Trot LA work?
- Register for the Turkey Trot LA and secure your entry
- Choose your distance between a 5k or 10k. Widdle Wobble option is available for kids 10 and under.
- Download the Runkeeper app or choose to upload your results manually with a tracker of your choice. (This is optional, but easy and fun to do!)
- Run your 5k or 10k anywhere between November 23 – 27, 2020.
- Track your results using the Runkeeper app (available after registration) and then upload your results and photos online for our team to review. You can also use a timing app or software of your choice (this includes taking a photo of your treadmill results).
- Participate in bonus challenges with prizes via social media giveaways, and share where you are trotting by tagging @turkeytrotla on Facebook and Instagram.
The Santa Monica Turkey Trot
The race course takes place anywhere you choose. Run anytime before the end of November.
Pick your distance from 3.1 miles (5k), 6.2 miles (10k), 9.3 miles (15k), 13.1 miles (half marathon), 1k, 1 mile, 5 mile, 10 mile, marathon, 50k ultramarathon.
Turkey Trot 5k, 10k, 15k, Half Marathon 7:00-10:30
Date -Thursday, November 26th, 2020
Address - 2000 Ocean Ave. Santa Monica, CA (off of beach path off of Bay St. & Ocean Ave. near Crescent Bay Park)
Start Times -
- 7:00AM Half Marathon
- 7:30AM 10k/15k
- 8:00AM 5k RUN
- no gathering before, during or after
- no group running/walking unless with a member of your household
- practice social/physical distancing at all times, keeping at least 6 feet apart from others at all times
- please bring personal face covering to have on hand at all times
- bring your own water/sports drink, nutrition, can use your own car to refill on your sports nutrition
- qualifies for Half Fanatics "pop up race"
- use an app or watch to track your time/distance and email or message us your time
- course will be marked
- new waiver found on pdf icon below must be signed beforehand electronically through active.com, or sent via email, new waiver updated as of 6/14